Thursday 16 September 2021

Cross Country and ICE CREAM!!!

 Today we were going to do cross country and we were getting ready to go to the dunes and do cross country. We were getting ready by taking our jerseys off and getting ready to line up and start. Next thing I know Koka Sue was already counting down... 3... 2... 1... GO!!!

 My heart was beating the fastest it has in years, I was running as fast as my legs could carry. I was past the first teacher and I was right behind Tre, Tre was much faster than me so was incredible and amazing for me. I was really trying my best but Tre was faster and past me in a flash my goal was to beat Troy, because he was faster than me like Tre. I was getting so close to my second lap than I hear the year 4 and 5's cheer me on. I was thinking Wow and How at the same time Oska was catching up and fast, "I have to beat Oska, I have to beat Oska, I HAVE TO BEAT OSKA" I keep saying to myself. I BEAT HIM I ACTUALLY BEAT OSKA, finally we can go back to school.

We get back to school and we all want to get are ice cream, when we got back to class the teacher told us that we would get are ice cream at lunch. When the kids thought we would get it straight after cross country but it turns out we have to wait for the juniors to finish their race. We all were so gutted to hear that news, but we got over it later when we went to morning tea. Yummy I hear the kids say it turned out I didn't actually get an ice cream but i'm happy for the other kids.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hunter, I like how you keep on keeping you positive attitude and saying you are going to try your best and you did. This blog post reminds me of when I came third place and I was so happy. Do you know what place you came.

    From Harrison

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about